Lux Series Collector's Editions and New Covers
You read that right, people! Jen announced that Entangled Pub has decided to make a couple Collector's Editions of the Lux series that are set to be released on June 3, 2014. For complete details as to why they're doing this, check out Jen's post.
6:48 PM Vi Nguyen 3 Comments
So what does this mean exactly?
1. We'll be getting two books, one with Obsidian and Onyx together, and another with Opal and Origin together.
2. There will be exclusive content in each edition:
- Volume 1 will have deleted/cut scenes from Obsidian and Onyx featuring Katy & Daemon
- Volume 2 will have TWO scenes in Daemon's POV (Chapter 33 and the last scene, both from Opal)
3. Each volume will get new covers, unrelated to the previous books already out in print. That also means that Opposition, the fifth and final book in the series will have a cover to match the Collector's Editions. Yes, that means all the books won't match, but it's a small price to pay for the series to reach a broader audience and for them to stand out more among the plethora of books with similar covers.
4. The covers for the previous books (Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Origin) will eventually be re-branded, possibly to match the Collector's Editions. Better grab those copies now while you can before they change forever!
This is all GOOD news, don't fear! Yes, your covers won't match and we'll all miss Pepe & Sztella, but think of the new pretties you'll be adding to your shelves and all the crazy awesome content that comes with it.
So, what are your thoughts on this?
My Review of Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout
12:00 AM Vi Nguyen 1 Comments
Dez wasn’t just Jasmine’s crush. A gargoyle Warden like Jas, he helped her come to terms with her destiny—fending off demons and maintaining balance between good and evil. He was her everything…right until the moment he disappeared without a trace. It didn’t help that Jas’s father had just announced that she and Dez would one day be mated. Hard not to take that personally.
And now he’s back, three years older, ten times hotter, ready to pick up exactly where they left off. But Jas isn’t taking that risk again. Dez has seven days to meet all her conditions and earn back her trust. Seven days filled with terrifying danger and sweet temptation. Seven days to win her heart—or shatter it all over again…
When an author can take the preconceived notions of “ugly & terrifying” gargoyles and turns them into “hot & sexy, yet terrifying” gargoyles, you know you’ve got a winner! I was excited about this series way back when Jen told me she was even attempting to write a book about gargoyles, where we appropriately joked about the actual cartoon show, Gargoyles. I knew if anyone could do these creatures justice, it would be Jen. And boy, did she! Barely getting a glimpse of these creatures, known as Wardens, I’m already intrigued and eager to learn more. Not only that, Jen introduces a slew of new (to me) creatures (i.e. Herbert) and adds her twists to some known ones. In between learning about all these fascinating creatures, you get the typical unrivaled JLA romance that I love so much.
Dez is yet another guy I’ll be adding to my list of book boyfriends, in the special top “JLA section” that all her boys tend to be categorized in. Seriously, her boys need to be placed in a category all of their own, because damn, can they make me swoon! Dez is sexy, strong, sweet, and considerate. Sure the way he left Jasmine three years ago was abrupt and hurtful, but when the truth comes out, you can’t help but feel for the guy. I loved their relationship, how they grew up together, friends-turned-lovers. Their dialogue was fun and their personalities clicked together very well. Jasmine also gets props for not giving into Dez right away and learning to trust him again, despite moments of lust-driven slips. I also liked that she wasn’t afraid to break free from the norms in her race of creatures, yearning for more and not content with what the women in their world were supposed to do.
Oh, and I loved seeing Zayne, Layla, and even Roth a bit in this, too. They are the main characters in the first book in this series, White Hot Kiss, which I can’t wait to read!
Bitter Sweet Love was a great prequel to what I’m sure will be an amazing series. I’m already intrigued by the cast of characters, the supernatural world, and the mesmerizing romances Jen has created and I know it will only get better and more intense as the series progresses. Trust me, this is one series you don’t want to miss!
Exclusive JLA Interview - Jen Shares Her Thoughts on the Obsidian Movie & Covenant TV Show
Awhile ago I managed to ask Jen a few questions about how Obsidian was optioned for a movie and the Covenant series was optioned for TV. There hasn't been any news and Jen even posted about that today, but I figured I'd get off my lazy butt and actually post this interview.
11:19 AM Vi Nguyen 1 Comments
1. Where were you and what were you doing when you first heard the news? What was your initial reaction to it all? I was visiting my mom when I heard about Obsidian being optioned for a movie, and I was getting ready for a yard sale when I heard about the Covenant series being optioned for a TV series. I was excited to find out about both options, but I hated having to keep the news a secret.
2. What are your thoughts to Lux being a movie instead of a TV show? Covenant as a TV show instead of a movie? I was really open to both possibilities for both series. I’m excited to see Obsidian on the big screen, and I’m equally excited to see the Covenant series on TV. I think they will both be very different, but still very cool.
3. What are you most looking forward to as production begins for Obsidian and the Covenant TV show (reading the screenplay, seeing a favorite scene being performed, casting, etc.)? I’m looking forward to all of it, but I think I’m most looking forward to the casting.
4. How are you hoping fans/readers will react to this news? Any words of wisdom for them regarding the whole "book to movie" adaptation area? I want my readers to be as excited as I am about the news. I would also like for my readers to keep an open mind about the entire process, including the scripts and the casting for both the movie and the TV series. Things will inevitably be changed in both and that's okay. As a movie or TV show, the need to reach a broader audience, so changes will be required.
5. What is one important scene you're hoping will stay true from the book into the movie? book to TV show? I honestly don’t have any one scene from either series that I want to stay absolutely true to the books because I know that Sierra Pictures and Herrick Entertainment are going to make good choices regarding the scripts. Sometimes scenes from books need to be changed or tweaked a little to work onscreen. I’m open to this possibility because I know that just because a scene works in a book doesn’t mean that it will play out well in a movie or on TV.
6. What were some of the reactions your family and friends had when you told them/they found out the news? I’ll just say that there was a lot of screaming!
7. Are there any particular artists you're hoping will add their magic to the official movie soundtrack? I’m just going to be thrilled to have an official movie soundtrack! I can’t wait to see the artists and songs on it.
8. At the end of the day, what do you hope fans/readers/TV & movie watchers will get from seeing your books on the big & little screen? I hope that readers really enjoy getting to see the characters and their stories move from the books to a movie and a TV series. And, I hope that viewers who have never heard of my books will fall for Katy and Daemon, and Alex, Aiden, and Seth in the same way my readers have fallen for them.
Here's hoping things continue to progress, however long it takes!
BTS of The Dark Elements from Harlequin Teen
7:22 PM Vi Nguyen 0 Comments
Has everyone fallen in love with the Wardens yet?!
What are you waiting for?!
Bitter Sweet Love is officially out and Harlequin Teen has got FIVE reasons why you NEED to check out this series, if you need convincing, which I'm sure you don't.
Be sure to check out this awesome BTS look at the Dark Elements series straight from JLA and her Harlequin editor.
Finally, as always, JLA has got one heck of a giveaway going on for an ereader. Don't miss out!
Bitter Sweet Love Release Day Launch
12:00 AM Vi Nguyen 0 Comments
Jennifer L. Armentrout's amazing novella in her new The Dark Elements Series, BITTER SWEET LOVE, is out and we are excited to join in the release day launch for it. BITTER SWEET LOVE is the Prequel Novella for The Dark Elements Series and is full of Wardens, fantasy, and romance. The first novel in the series, WHITE HOT KISS, will be released February 25, 2014. Check out what we have for you today! There's also a fantastic excerpt for you to check out below!
Moving lightning fast, Dez shifted and I was suddenly underneath him. His arms were on either side of my head, caging me in. Our bodies didn’t touch, but I felt him to the tips of my toes anyway.
The teasing grin disappeared when I dragged in a deep breath and my chest brushed his. Everything changed in an instant. The playful mood faded, replaced by primal heaviness. Our gazes collided and locked. Neither of us moved. His closeness sent a series of shivers skittering across my skin and made it hard to take slow, even breaths. My body tensed when his gaze dropped to my mouth.
He tilted his head to the side. “I… I honestly have no idea what we were talking about.”
“Good. Neither do I.”
He shifted his weight onto one arm, bring him closer. “Have you enjoyed your trip so far?”
“Yes.” I felt as if I couldn’t get enough air into my lungs.
“Good.” He lowered his head. His breath was minty as it moved across my cheek and then my lips. “I’m glad.”
I wasn’t really following the conversation and I wasn’t sure that he was fully aware of what was coming out of his mouth. I searched my hazy brain for something to say and wet my lips. I-
The sound that came out of Dez’s chest rumbled through me. A stuttered heartbeat passed and then his lips were on mine. There was nothing slow about this kiss. It scorched my skin and caused my body to stretch tight like a bowstring. The kiss deepened, spinning my senses. I shuddered when his hand curved over my shoulder and drifted down to my waist, his long fingers spreading out under the hem of my shirt, grazing the bare skin of my stomach.
I gasped, floored by the raw sensations pounding through my blood. My skin felt as if I was about to phase. Maybe I was.
“Jasmine,” he whispered, the word falling against my lips, and then his body was pressing mine into the mattress, heavy, sweet and hard.
In a sizzling prequel novella to her new series The Dark Elements, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout draws readers into the extraordinary, irresistible world of Wardens and demons.
Dez wasn't just Jasmine's crush. A gargoyle Warden like Jas, he helped her come to terms with her destiny—fending off demons and maintaining the balance between good and evil. He was her everything…right until the moment he disappeared without a trace. It didn't help that Jas's father had just announced that she and Dez would one day be mated. Hard not to take that personally.
And now he's back, three years older, ten times hotter, ready to pick up exactly where they left off. But Jas isn't taking that risk again. Dez has seven days to meet all her conditions and earn back her trust. Seven days filled with terrifying danger and sweet temptation. Seven days to win her heart—or shatter it all over again…
Don't miss White Hot Kiss, book one in Jennifer L. Armentrout's The Dark Elements series from Harlequin TEEN!
# 1 NEW YORK TIMES Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki. Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. Her book Obsidian has been optioned for a major motion picture and her Covenant Series has been optioned for TV. She also writes adult and New Adult romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.
WHITE HOT KISS Buy Links:
Wait for You Read-Along
Welcome to the FIRST original fansite dedicated to #1 New York Times & USA Today BEST-SELLING author, Jennifer L. Armentrout aka J. Lynn.
Here you'll find news, photos, reviews, and everything else related to Jennifer L. Armentrout and all of her books. Hope you enjoy!
Here you'll find news, photos, reviews, and everything else related to Jennifer L. Armentrout and all of her books. Hope you enjoy!
Upcoming 2017 Releases
The Struggle (Titan #3) - March 28th
Brave (Wicked #3) - Date TBA
The Possibility of Tomorrow - Date TBA
Quote of the Month
“I, Astaroth, Crown Prince of Hell, am in love with you, Layla Shaw. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow. A hudred decades from now, I will still be in love with you, and it will be as fierce today as it will be a decade later.” - Every Last Breath