Lux Read-Along: Week 3

12:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments


Welcome to Week THREE of The Lux Series Read-Along. If you want to know more about the Read-Along, sign up for it, and get all the details, check out this page here. You'll find links to all the weekly posts on that page, too.

Missed last week's discussion? You can find it here.

REMEMBER: In order to be eligible for the prizes, you must SIGN UP and then answer the questions via the Google Form below.

Now, let's discuss what you read during the week, Obsidian, Chapters 16-30.

Here's what I thought about the chapters I read so far:

It was definitely interesting seeing how Katy reacted to Daemon's secret and seeing their chemistry grow. I really didn't care for any of the others, except Dee, because of how mean they were to Katy, but I understood. It's funny because I didn't notice just how quickly Daemon's demeanor and attitude towards Katy changed as I read through Obsidian. Sure, he's still cocky and a bit of a jerk at times, but you can see the subtle changes in him and how he begins to really care for Katy. Loved it!


Thank you all for your feedback on Obsidian so far. I loved all your responses about the book. Here's what some readers had to say:

Henna says "I loved getting back into the story. It was even better reading it the second time."

Lori Christensen says "One of my most favorite parts of the first 15 chapters are the tiny little things that Daemon says or does, that let you in on the fact that she is beginning to beguile him. I can't mention them all, but moments like when he takes a lock of her hair (car wash scene) and asks her what color it is. Poking her with his pen. The moments when he almost says or does something to give it away. These things, and the understanding gained by knowing about Dawson are probably the only things that redeem Daemon in these chapters."

Brittany F. says "This is my 4th or 5th time reading Obsidian and, while it's not as exciting as the first time, I still love it! I love going back to Daemon's "jerk" days and experiencing their first interactions all over again. Going back to the start, you're really able to see how much the characters have grown and how far they've come."


Be sure to come back here next Monday to discuss the chapters we read and answer some questions for your chance at winning some pretty cool prizes!

Next up, we'll be reading Shadows and Onyx, Chapters 1-16.

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable. Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved. Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks… Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems. Something worse than the Arum has come to town… The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard. But then everything changes… I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

So what did you think of the book so far?


Don't forget to join in on the conversation on Twitter - #LuxReadAlong and in the FB Group, too!

See you all next week.

Happy reading!

0 comments: