Lux Read-Along: Week 4

12:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments


Welcome to Week FOUR of The Lux Series Read-Along. If you want to know more about the Read-Along, sign up for it, and get all the details, check out this page here. You'll find links to all the weekly posts on that page, too.

Missed last week's discussion? You can find it here.

REMEMBER: In order to be eligible for the prizes, you must SIGN UP and then answer the questions via the Google Form below.

Now, let's discuss what you read during the week, Shadows and Onyx, Chapters 1-16.

Here's what I thought about the chapters I read so far:

I really loved Shadows. Seeing Dawson and Bethany's love story unfold, it was just great. I loved seeing the differences in personality with both boys. Sure, Daemon is awesome, but Dawson is so sweet and considerate. Bethany is a great girl, too. It's so sad knowing what happens to them, but reliving their beginning was nice.

I really loved how Daemon was acting in this first half of Onyx. You could see his sweet and caring side start to show and even though it was frustrating to see Katy fight their relationship, I really think it was necessary to get to them to what happens next. I'll admit, I didn't realize Blake's role in all of this and just how crazy things would turn out. I honestly just thought he was there for a bit of friction between Daemon & Katy and to help Katy deal with what she was going through. Oh, and I seriously did not like Will form the very beginning. He definitely has the creepy, intense factor going on that I did not like or trust at all.


Thank you all for your feedback on the last half of Obsidian. I loved all your responses about the book. Here's what some readers had to say:

Lori Christensen says "The last chapters of this book move a lot faster. There is a lot more action. It doesn't mean I love the first half any less, but the second half is definitely more exciting."

Kaytee Hawse says "The moment when Daemon heals Katy will always be one of my favorite moments. I've been listening to the audio books this time around and it's totally different hearing it out loud. Whenever Daemon says things I just melt!"

Connie Ficker says "I totally loved it!! I couldn't remember some of the thing which were mentioned, so I almost ate the last 15 chapters of Obsidian! I cannot wait to read Shadows AND Onyx!"


Be sure to come back here next Monday to discuss the chapters we read and answer some questions for your chance at winning some pretty cool prizes!

Next up, we'll be reading Onyx, Chapters 17-36.

So what did you think of the book so far?


Don't forget to join in on the conversation on Twitter - #LuxReadAlong and in the FB Group, too!

See you all next week.

Happy reading!

0 comments: