You read that right, people! Jen announced that Entangled Pub has decided to make a couple Collector's Editions of the Lux series that are set to be released on June 3, 2014. For complete details as to why they're doing this, check out Jen's post.
So what does this mean exactly?
1. We'll be getting two books, one with Obsidian and Onyx together, and another with Opal and Origin together.
2. There will be exclusive content in each edition:
- Volume 1 will have deleted/cut scenes from Obsidian and Onyx featuring Katy & Daemon
- Volume 2 will have TWO scenes in Daemon's POV (Chapter 33 and the last scene, both from Opal)
3. Each volume will get new covers, unrelated to the previous books already out in print. That also means that Opposition, the fifth and final book in the series will have a cover to match the Collector's Editions. Yes, that means all the books won't match, but it's a small price to pay for the series to reach a broader audience and for them to stand out more among the plethora of books with similar covers.
4. The covers for the previous books (Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Origin) will eventually be re-branded, possibly to match the Collector's Editions. Better grab those copies now while you can before they change forever!
This is all GOOD news, don't fear! Yes, your covers won't match and we'll all miss Pepe & Sztella, but think of the new pretties you'll be adding to your shelves and all the crazy awesome content that comes with it.
So, what are your thoughts on this?