Covenant Read-Along: Week 11

12:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments



Welcome to Week ELEVEN of The Covenant Series Read-Along. If you want to know more about the Read-Along, sign up for it, and get all the details, check out this page here. You'll find links to all the weekly posts on that page, too.

Missed last week's discussion? You can find it here.

REMEMBER: In order to be eligible for the prizes, you must SIGN UP and then answer the questions via the Google Form below.

Now, let's discuss what you read during the week, Apollyon, Chapters 1-10.

Here's what I thought about the chapters I read so far:

These first few chapters were pretty rough. You get a very different Alex. I will say that the whole "my Seth" thing really made me cringe. Alex's reaction to that was pretty hilarious, though. I really loved Aiden through all this. Then again, when don't I love Aiden?! But his dedication and belief in Alex continues to shine through and seeing how deep their relationship is really warms my heart. Sigh, admittedly, Seth is working my nerves more and more as the pages fly by. I definitely don't like the truths he slowly spilling to Alex and I hate that he's still keeping things from her. I loved that we get to see another God and some familiar faces are make appearances during these chapters, too.

Here's what some readers had to say about Elixir:
Richa says "It really broke my heart to see how corrupted Seth has become. I really liked him before Elixir. Even in Deity I felt there was hope. But after this, I wasn't so sure."

Borghild says "That guy is just perfect. I thought he was perfect before, but the more I read about him, the more perfect he becomes. He's just flawless."

Michelle says "My favourite part of Elixir was probably when Alex broke the connection, even if it was only for a few seconds, because it just showed us again how much of a fighter Alex is and how Aiden can bring out the best in her."

One of Jennifer's favorite quotes was"Aiden has gone Rambo on us."


Be sure to come back here next Friday to discuss the chapters we read and answer some questions for your chance at winning some pretty cool prizes!

Next up, we'll be reading Chapters 11-21 of Apollyon.

So what did you think of the book so far?

0 comments: