Covenant Read-Along: Week 13

12:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments



Welcome to Week THIRTEEN of The Covenant Series Read-Along. If you want to know more about the Read-Along, sign up for it, and get all the details, check out this page here. You'll find links to all the weekly posts on that page, too.

Missed last week's discussion? You can find it here.

REMEMBER: In order to be eligible for the prizes, you must SIGN UP and then answer the questions via the Google Form below.

Now, let's discuss what you read during the week, Apollyon, Chapters 22-30.

Here's what I thought about the chapters I read so far:

Ah, the cave scene! Easily one of my favorite scenes from the whole series. If you read it, you'd understand. I really enjoyed Alex and Aiden's time in the Underworld. I think Jen did a good job putting her own spin to it while keeping to the original myths. I especially love how she described Persephone! After that, things are pretty much set up for the final, exciting scenes of the book. I also loved the scene where Deacon talks to Alex, discussing just how important she is to Aiden and all that good stuff. I adore Deacon. Another good part? Seeing Alex go all "fierce Apollyon" on some Sentinels who were trying to start trouble. I loved it!

Here's what some readers had to say about Apollyon, Chapters 11-21:
Borghild says "The car ride was one of my favorite moments of these chapters. Just some good Alex and Aiden time, before everything goes to hell, literally. "Alex..." He leaned toward the window, avoiding the dangerous second bun. "Come on." "Eat it," I ordered, holding it with two hands now, making it dance in the air. "It's begging you. 'Eat me'.""

One of Jennifer's favorite quotes was "His voice dropped low. “I’m being what?” Infuriating. Stubborn. Thick-skulled. Freaking sexy. “Good gods, can we stop arguing and just, I don’t know, make out?”"


Be sure to come back here next Friday to discuss the chapters we read and answer some questions for your chance at winning some pretty cool prizes!

Next up, we'll be reading Chapters 31-37 of Apollyon.

So what did you think of the book so far?

0 comments: