My Review of Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout

12:00 AM Vi Win Win 1 Comments

Dez wasn’t just Jasmine’s crush. A gargoyle Warden like Jas, he helped her come to terms with her destiny—fending off demons and maintaining balance between good and evil. He was her everything…right until the moment he disappeared without a trace. It didn’t help that Jas’s father had just announced that she and Dez would one day be mated. Hard not to take that personally.

And now he’s back, three years older, ten times hotter, ready to pick up exactly where they left off. But Jas isn’t taking that risk again. Dez has seven days to meet all her conditions and earn back her trust. Seven days filled with terrifying danger and sweet temptation. Seven days to win her heart—or shatter it all over again…


When an author can take the preconceived notions of “ugly & terrifying” gargoyles and turns them into “hot & sexy, yet terrifying” gargoyles, you know you’ve got a winner! I was excited about this series way back when Jen told me she was even attempting to write a book about gargoyles, where we appropriately joked about the actual cartoon show, Gargoyles. I knew if anyone could do these creatures justice, it would be Jen. And boy, did she! Barely getting a glimpse of these creatures, known as Wardens, I’m already intrigued and eager to learn more. Not only that, Jen introduces a slew of new (to me) creatures (i.e. Herbert) and adds her twists to some known ones. In between learning about all these fascinating creatures, you get the typical unrivaled JLA romance that I love so much.

Dez is yet another guy I’ll be adding to my list of book boyfriends, in the special top “JLA section” that all her boys tend to be categorized in. Seriously, her boys need to be placed in a category all of their own, because damn, can they make me swoon! Dez is sexy, strong, sweet, and considerate. Sure the way he left Jasmine three years ago was abrupt and hurtful, but when the truth comes out, you can’t help but feel for the guy. I loved their relationship, how they grew up together, friends-turned-lovers. Their dialogue was fun and their personalities clicked together very well. Jasmine also gets props for not giving into Dez right away and learning to trust him again, despite moments of lust-driven slips. I also liked that she wasn’t afraid to break free from the norms in her race of creatures, yearning for more and not content with what the women in their world were supposed to do.

Oh, and I loved seeing Zayne, Layla, and even Roth a bit in this, too. They are the main characters in the first book in this series, White Hot Kiss, which I can’t wait to read!

Bitter Sweet Love was a great prequel to what I’m sure will be an amazing series. I’m already intrigued by the cast of characters, the supernatural world, and the mesmerizing romances Jen has created and I know it will only get better and more intense as the series progresses. Trust me, this is one series you don’t want to miss!

1 comment:

  1. Hit and sexy gargoyles?! LOL, now THAT'S one I haven't heard of yet!!

    Dez sounds amazing - another book boyfriend I might be adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete