Covenant Read-Along: Week 5

10:05 PM Vi Win Win 1 Comments



Welcome to Week FIVE of The Covenant Series Read-Along. If you want to know more about the Read-Along, sign up for it, and get all the details, check out this page here. You'll find links to all the weekly posts on that page, too.

Missed last week's discussion? You can find it here.

REMEMBER: In order to be eligible for the prizes, you must SIGN UP and then answer the questions via the Google Form below.

Now, let's discuss what you read during the week, Pure, Chapters 1-13.

Here's what I thought about the chapters I read so far:

So much happens in the first half of Pure, I don't even know where to begin! My favorite moment would have to be when Aiden and Alex go to the zoo. It was such a "normal" thing for them to do, and it really meant a lot to Alex. It was also one of the turning points in their relationship. The most heartbreaking and gut-wrenching moment of all would have to involve Caleb, easily one of my favorite secondary characters ever. I love his friendship with Alex and him and Olivia were so cute together. You know what I realized this time around?! Seth isn't as charming and appealing as I originally believed. He had his arrogance and playboy ways, but I think before it felt like it cared for Alex early on and I really liked their relationship. Reading it again, I see that he was very cold to her at times, disrespected her, and didn't care for her opinion or say in things. After the Caleb incident is when I finally saw a glimpse of the Seth I thought I liked. I guess I really did forget a lot of what happened in these books.

Here's what some readers had to say about Half-Blood, Chapters 12-21:

Courtney says "Even though Alex got into a bad situation she's still a badass warrior. My favorite part is the last scene, with the candles. It's nice to see Alex finally let go."

Richa says "Chapter 16. Enough said."

Borghild says "I'm also very happy Alex got a closure with her mom. She needed and deserved that. But we can't forget Caleb. I really don't know what Alex would do without him. He's simply awesome.So that's some of my thoughts about it."

One of Heather's favorite moments " “You don’t have anything to worry about, Alex. I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” The moments those words left my mouth, I knew I’d crossed some invisible line that I could never, ever go back from. They weren’t just words. They were an oath that I’d keep true to the end of my days."


Be sure to come back here next Friday to discuss the chapters we read and answer some questions for your chance at winning some pretty cool prizes!

Next up, we'll be reading Chapters 14-27 of Pure.

So what did you think of the book so far?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me know about this Vi so I could have a chance to join in. I've only participated once and I may not have got all the answers right but I had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete