My Review of Tempting the Player by J. Lynn

9:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments

Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and that’s the last thing Chad needs. When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad’s manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multi-million dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn’t just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend. Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn’t easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together...or in love.

When I say that Jen never ceases to amaze me with her awesome writing skills and talent in telling an amazing story with pivotal moments, romantic and steamy scenes, along with memorable characters; I truly mean it. I swear, this lady can do no wrong! Tempting the Player is an excellent installment in the Gamble Brothers series and a equal counterpart to its predecessor, Tempting the Best Man. It’s got it all – romance, a clever plot, witty characters, and those oh-so-delish steamy moments that will leave you craving more.

Tempting the Player leaves off a few months after Tempting the Best Man, and it revolves around Chase’s older brother, Chad (the second son of the Gamble family). Not only is he super-hot, but he’s a talented pro-baseball player with a rather playful reputation. The last thing he expected was to find love, but he finds it (and fights it) in Bridget. With a troubled past that has plagued all of the Gamble brothers, Chad isn’t one to settle down and give his heart away easily, so it was great seeing his relationship with Bridget play out. Bridget was a jaded character as well, as most adults tend to be after countless bad relationships, and I loved seeing them push each other to the limits and challenge each other romantically, emotionally, and intellectually. These are two very witty and often-times, snarky people whose banter always put a smile on my face. I love it when characters do that! This book got me all heated and cheesy from beginning to end. Jen knocks you off your socks right from the beginning, a trend I’m starting to notice from her (and one that she does VERY well). Bridget and Chad’s “first” meeting is a very believable moment, and one I’m sure many have experienced, and even the events that happened afterwards was so perfect, I’m glad Jen kept it real. There are probably two pivotal moments in the book that I loved the most, both involving Bridget, Chad, Chase, & Madison (yes, they make many appearances in this book, Bridget is Madison’s assistant after all). I really loved seeing Madison and Chase again, getting a glimpse at how their lives are after their story was told was simply awesome. It was also nice seeing Chandler, the eldest Gamble brother, and I honestly can’t wait to read his story (his love interest plays a very important part in this story). Anyways, those two moments – one at the beginning and one at the very end, had me cracking up and jumping for joy all at the same time. Honestly, Jen makes me feel all the emotions, I just can’t get enough!

The plot was very well-written and the sexy parts, strategically placed – made this an excellent contemporary adult novel (and that’s saying a lot given what the general public is reading now). I devoured this book well into the wee hours of the night and was on a “Jen high” for a few days afterwards (as I tend to be with all her books). If you need a little spark and steaminess in your life, but want a book with a little more substance, intrigue, and humor, then this is the book for you. Seriously, all of Jen’s books are the books for everyone, as I’ve yet to see someone who doesn’t like at least one of her books. Yes, I can go on and on about my love for her, but I’ll just end it with – Get. This. Book. NOW!

*Please Note: This review was originally posted on my personal blog, Vi3tBabe, and was re-published here on Deity Island for fans of the series to get a more comprehensive overview of my thoughts and opinions of Jennifer's books in one place.*

0 comments: