And the Frigid Teasers Keep Coming!

6:47 PM Vi Win Win 0 Comments

Yay! Jen treats fans to a nice little teaser from Frigid:


Strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I was pulled off the stool and my surprised shriek was cut off when my back hit an immoveable wall of muscle. I was enveloped in a bear hug that smelled of the outdoors and light cologne.
Only one person in this world gave me hugs like this or felt that hard… that good. Kyler’s deep voice rumbled through my body. “When did you get here?”
My feet still weren’t touching the floor. “A little bit ago,” I gasped out, gripping his forearms through his sweater.
“What the hell? Have you been hiding from me?”
Paul leaned back against the bar and grinned, but it was strained. Not that I could blame him. Kyler kind of always busted in and took over every situation. “I haven’t been hiding,” I told him, flushing when my eyes met Paul’s. “And can you put me down?”
“What if I don’t?” he teased. “You’re so little I could put you in my pocket.” “What?” I laughed. “Put me down, you idiot. I was having a conversation.”
“Sorry, Paul, I’m stealing her.” Kyler backed away, giving me no choice, because there was no way I was breaking his hold. He turned, dropping into a chair nowhere near the table he’d been at, pulling me into his lap so I was sitting sideways. He looped his arms around my waist. “I’m not happy with you, Syd.”
I arched a brow as my heart rate picked up. He was the only person who called me Syd; the only person I let call me that without kicking them in the shin. “Really? Over what?”
“You’re talking to that douche.”
“What douche?”
He leaned in, resting his forehead against mine, and my breath stalled in my chest. Why must he always get so damn close? And he really, truly, always did. “Paul.” “What about him?” I put my hands on his shoulders to push back, but his arms tightened, holding me in place. “Are you drunk?”
“Am I drunk? Aw, now you’ve gone and hurt my feelings, Syd.”
I smirked. “You don’t have any feelings.”
“Now. Now. That wasn’t very nice.” His impossibly long lashes lowered, shielding his eyes as he lifted his head, rubbing his cheek along mine. My fingers dug into his shoulders as desire twisted tight in my center. “I have all these feels, Syd.”
It took me a moment to respond. “You’re so full of it.”
He rubbed his cheek against me like a cat seeking a belly rub, and I fought the urge to purr. “I’m full of something.”
“Piss and vinegar?” I suggested as I desperately tried to ignore the way my pulse pounded in all the right places.”
He chuckled deep in his throat as he leaned back against the seat he took hostage. “Back to the serious nature of our conversation.”
“Which is: why are you playing Santa right now?”
Kyler’s lashes lifted and his eyes drilled into mine. “Hmm, now that sounds interesting. Have you’ve been naughty or nice this year, Syd?”
I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. My cheeks burned as his gaze turned knowing. “I know what you’ve been.” He kissed my forehead. “You’ve been nice.”
My shoulders slumped. I didn’t want to be nice. I wanted to be naughty like Blondie. When she’d been in his lap minutes before, I doubted Kyler had been teasing her.
Maybe I should scoop some ice up and see what he did, except that would require me doing so out of a random glass and that was just gross.


0 comments: