My Review of Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

9:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments

There is need. And then there is Fate.  Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

Just when you think JLA and The Covenant Series can’t get any better, it SO does. Pure is epicness and awesomeness defined. I 100% and a million times over could not stop reading this book. Where Half-Blood shines and introduces us into this mythical world of demi-gods, pure bloods and the like; Pure dives deeper into the mystery, legend, and deceit of the Covenant and the Council. Alex continues to be a kick-ass heroine who is never short of wit and humor. Throw in the swoon-worthy Aiden and the ever-charming, deliciously sweet Seth and, gods, how could you resist?!

It’s been awhile since I’ve been in the world of the Covenant series and I had truly forgotten how much I missed it. Alex is such an amazing character, I really couldn’t love her more. She’s so funny, witty, snarky, and stubborn. A very headstrong and brave person, yet also self-conscious and caring. Alex battles with a lot of emotional things this time around and all of it comes out in the open in front of everyone, which can throw you for a loop, but Alex’s strong character stands out and develops perfectly throughout the story. Aiden isn’t as present this time around, but he has key parts and there is one particularly funny scene with Seth and a juicy scene with Alex that will leave you begging for more. Pure was definitely Seth’s moment to shine, so far. You learn a lot more about Seth, and I have to say, after reading Pure, I like Seth a lot more (although I’m totally Team Aiden). Sure he’s cocky, egotistical, and arrogant, but he’s quite charming and often sexy, not to mention pretty powerful. I love the relationship between Seth and Alex, the way they banter back and forth, even when they fight there’s just so much chemistry and heat, it’s hard not to notice and love. A soft spot has been made for Seth all right!

Jennifer’s writing just gets better and better. Honestly, there were quite a few times where I was like “I can’t believe she just wrote that! I love her!”, seriously! Not only does she know how to grab your attention from the very first page, she had me thrown all over the room at all the right moments. I found myself laughing so much at all her pop culture references and snarky remarks, I swooned and squealed at those intimate, steamy moments, and held my breath during those tense fighting scenes. I was so utterly engrossed in the book, it was like I was literally there in the book and the world outside didn’t exist. Even though it’s been a few days since I’ve finished it, Pure is still reeling through my mind and I can’t stop thinking about it. As soon as I finished it I wanted to read it again, well, I really wanted to read Deity and find out what happens next, but since that isn’t going to happen anytime soon I think I’ll have to find time to read this one again because I just can’t get over how much I love this book and this series.

Pure is truly an amazing sequel to a fantastic debut and I’m so eager to read more of the series and come back to the fabulous world that Jennifer has created. Last year, I couldn’t find a book I loved more than Half-Blood and it seems I’ll have to say the same for Pure this year. You’d be crazy not to read this series! It has it all – romance, fantasy, mythology/paranormal intrigue, action, humor, and so much more. From start to finish, it captured my heart and my mind, and left me dying for more. Give me Deity now, please!!!!

*Please Note: This review was originally posted on my personal blog, Vi3tBabe, and was re-published here on Deity Island for fans of the series to get a more comprehensive overview of my thoughts and opinions of Jennifer's books in one place.*

0 comments: