My Review of Daimon and Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout

9:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments

I didn't do much of a review for Daimon but this little paragraph should suffice, lol. You all know how much I love this series.

"Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing 'I smite thee ' as she was cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of her life." For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals--pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty. According to her mother, that's a good thing.But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return-the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death... because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. The daimons have found her.

A great prequel to an epic series. I read Half-Blood before this, loved it, and highly enjoyed some extra kick-ass Alex moments. She really is one of my favorite characters of any book I've read. Anyone who reads this little prequel will instantly become a fan and crave for more, and trust me, it gets SO much better!


Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. Even if it means making war against the gods.

Links

Oh, Aiden…why do you do this to me?! As if I didn’t love you enough?! You have to go and show me the inner workings of your mind, your inner turmoil and struggles with Alex’s Awakening, and you undying willingness to go above and beyond for this girl. Why can’t men be like this in real life?!

I swear, I wanted to grab Aiden and give him all kinds of hugs and attention because I truly felt for the dude. He was going through some pretty tough inner battles and dealing with some pretty crazy stuff going against everyone to protect Alex. My heart was literally breaking from all the things he had to do because it was the “right thing” for Alex, even if it killed him to do it.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s quite a few funny moments in this one, as usual, portrayed by the fabulous Alex. Aiden makes some difficult decisions for her since she’s not in the right state of mind, and things come to a pivotal point by the end. I’d say the only bad thing about this book was that it was TOO SHORT! I mean, come on Jen! You’re such a tease! Aiden needs his own book, for real, because I just can’t get enough of him. And dammit Jen, if you don’t stop with this cliffhangers I’ll seriously develop some kind of crazy sickness waiting around for your next book!

If there was ever a doubt in your mind about Aiden’s character, his passion, or his loyalty, it will all be answered in Elixir. This man can do no wrong! Seriously though, what more can I say about this book and this series?! Just go read the damn thing and thank me later.

*Please Note: This review was originally posted on my personal blog, Vi3tBabeand was re-published here on Deity Island for fans of the series to get a more comprehensive overview of my thoughts and opinions of Jennifer's books in one place.*

0 comments: